20 February 2012

Our 3rd Year Anniversary ♥

Okay, finally I shall post an entry about our 3rd year anniversary celebration. We celebrated our anniversary on the actual date, 1st February. Yes, I know I'm taking my own sweet time to update this post. And I am not going to post all the photos here, it's hell a lot ok! HAHAHA!

We kept our celebration as simple as we could, because Baby needed to work in the morning and he could only took half-day off on that day. So... we decided to catch a movie "Jack and Jill" at Lido Shaw House.

While waiting for the movie showtime, we sat at the sofa outside the theaters... CAMWHORE!

ME!


BABY!

WE!


Second one...

SO...The movie was super hilarious which we enjoyed watching it. Okay, just when we decided to go for shopping before dinner, Baby gave me the Guess watch which I wanted to get last year!


Are you ready to see my watch?


Tadah!
*bling bling*

Isn't it pretty?

Okay, after trying it, I found the watch bands are too loose for me so we had to go to Guess outlet to make hole punctures on the three bands. At first, we went down to Isetan Scotts but the sales promoter of Guess was not around so we went to Ion Orchard. Finally, hole punctures were done! I'm happy with it!

It's time for our fine dining at Ion Orchard Sky Park! Call me a mountain turtle, cos I didn't know that there is 55th/56th level in Ion Orchard building. However, in order to get up there, we had to proceed to Level 4 Reception Counter. As Baby already made reservation, so we needed to look for the staff there, and she brought us up. Wow! So shiok, as if we were the VIPs of the day.


Day View

We are here Up high! This was indeed a sky-high dining for us! I love the view!

Anyway, Salt Grill & Sky Bar by Luke Mangan brings Modern Australian cuisine to Singapore. The Chef Luke aims for a setting that is stylist, relaxed, welcoming and showcases the best of Australian produce.

Here the menu...

For such a high-class and comfortable atmosphere, I was definitely not surprised to see how expensive the dishes are. Well, we were served by an Australian waitress. She is a very polite and warm person who tried to make us feel comfortable and explained every detail in the menu. After explaining the details to us, she served us drinks and let us decide on our dishes. We took quite some time to decide on our dishes because they served very limited number of signature dishes created by Chef Luke.

After ordering our food, we started to look around and camwhored while waiting for our drinks and food... :)

Baby took this picture for me


Taken by a waiter


Another one


Raisin Bread and Wheat Bread
(dip with Olive Oil and Spices)


These slices of bread were served to us as a "welcome" dish. Well, I don't like to dip with olive oil and spices because the spices tasted weird to me. But Baby likes the spices...

Baby's White Wine

That Australian waitress recommended Baby to match white wine with his choice of main dish, so Baby listened to her advice. Before she poured a glass for Baby, she let him to take a sip of white wine and asked him if he's okay with it before she proceeded to pour a glass for him. Excellent service! :)

Looking at Baby enjoying his wine, I also wanted to order a drink for myself. That was...

Lychee Martini
(an non-alcoholic drink)


While waiting for our appetisers, I took many pictures...


The lamp

I love this lamp next to our table. So pretty!


Sunlight shines on me :)

Our appetisers here...


Sashimi, Ginger, Eschallot and Goat Feta
(Baby's)



Sea Tasting - Kingfish, Scallop and Tuna
(Mine)


I love my appetiser! Baby love my appetiser too! He said that my appetiser got a variety of seafood to eat. Heehee...

Then after half an hour or so, our main dishes were served...

Barramundi Fillet with Sydney Spices, Coconut and Lime
(Baby's)


Slow Cook Free Range Pork Belly, Broth of Smoked Hock, White Beans, Oven-Dried Tomato, Chilli and Green Olives
(Mine)


Okay, the names of dishes are really too long because they are trying to tell us what does every dish consist of.



Evening View

It's already at evening when we were eating. Many people started to come in for their dinner, and ya, we looked silly taking pictures everywhere. Haha alright, to them, this restaurant may be just "food court" to them if they always come to this restaurant frequently. Rich people eh! But we are not, we seldom have chances to eat like the rich people. Tsk tsk!

Satisfied. bloated me!

It's getting darker...

After finishing our main dishes, we roamed around the restaurant to take pictures. Yes, they got pathways for us to walk and view the night scenery.


Hello Orchard!

Another side...

Well, we went back to our table and continued drinking...

SMILE :)

Okay, we settled our bills after finished our drinks.


Freaking $228.34!


Good-bye, Salt Grill & Sky Bar!

Yes, although we spent a bomb on such an extravagant dinner, it's definitely worth to try its signature dishes and enjoy the romantic ambience with your loved one ♥
By the way, if you guys wanna view more photos, please go to my Facebook page.

No comments: