13 January 2012

Recipe for Pineapple Crisps!


Yesterday was a busy day for me because I was busy baking Pineapple Crisp for Chinese New Year. Yes, I'm gonna share the recipe with you guys here :)

First of all, prepare the necessary ingredients...



Here they are...
For the filling, I used the ready-to-use pineapple filling which you can buy from any supermarkets/baking supply shops.

For the dough, you need:
- 375g butter,
- 75g sugar,
- 1 teaspoon emplex (can be bought at baking supply shops),
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence,
- 3 drops lemon yellow food colouring (for me, I didn't use it),
- 2 egg yolks,
- 1/2 egg white and
- 560g plain flour

For glazing, mix 2 egg yolks, 2 drops lemon yellow colouring and 1 egg white together.

After preparing ingredients, here we go making the pastry...





Beat butter, sugar, emplex, vanilla essence and food colouring till thickened.



Then add in eggs and mix well. It will look like this mixture (shown above).



Next, fold in plain flour and knead into dough. Set aside for 30 minute. Okay, my dough (shown above) was rather messy.



After 30 minutes or so, divide the dough into small balls. Wrap some filling with each ball. Glaze with egg yolk mixture.



Bake them in the oven at 160°C for 20 minutes or till golden brown.



Tadah~ here my pineapple crisp :) *happy*

And I hope this recipe helps :D

No comments: