07 April 2011

Unpredictable News


Life is so unpredictable that you'll never know what is going to happen the next minute... On Tuesday afternoon, I received a call from Papa while I was studying for examination. I was shocked to hear that my 4th uncle (Papa's 4th elder brother) was found dead at home. Initially, I really thought that Papa made a mistake. However, when I heard his loud sniffing sounds, then I knew that it was no joke.

He died of heart attack in the morning when nobody was at home, sad wasn't it? I believed he struggled a lot when he had heart attack, and Papa told me that when he saw his dead body, it was full of blue-black patches... and the position wasn't nice too (as I said, he might be struggling when having heart attack)... Papa felt very sad when he saw his elder brother died in such way... All of his siblings cried when they reached his house and saw his body...

Ah-po didn't know about it when they received this new. It was the next morning when the people from funeral parlour sent 4th uncle's body back, and then they informed her. It was very devastating to know that her son left before her. Furthermore, Ah-po is diagnosed with stomach cancer, and we are worried for her health too. However, they think that Ah-po has the right to know this... 4th uncle and his family live the same block as Ah-po, so when Ah-po knew about it, she just went downstair to the funeral. She cried all the way when she went down, and saw the people put the body into the coffin etc etc... ... ...

Can you imagine... just two days... and this person just gone... Two days before he passed away, he joined us to Mandai to pray Ah-gong, and was talking to us when we were on the bus... Anyway, I attended his funeral last night. Many thoughts and emotions come into my mind... We must really treasure our loved ones when they are still around with us...

No comments: