04 May 2011

Hot Topic - General Election (GE)


Woohoo! Another paper down... Left one more paper, and after that I will have 2-month vacation! L&M paper was okay-okay, but E&G paper stunned me... The questions were not straightforward, and I spent a lot of time cracking my brain to think and read the questions over and over again. Still, I can't figure what they were asking... The only way I could do is CRAP through all the way. Hopefully, they find my craps are reasonable and relevant. *pray for a miracle*

Alright, let me talk a little bit about General Election (GE)... I know everyone has his/her own views on different political parties. I think that you SHOULD analyse all aspects before you vote. Think of what this ruling party has done and how they have served your GRC for the past five years, and then think... Are they worth for your vote? If you think that they need room for improvement or they need time to repent on their mistakes, then hold your vote. Then think of the opposition parties... What did have they say and promise during the rallies? Do you think they have the capabilities to fulfill their promises? If you think that they ought to be given a chance to serve your GRC for next 5 years, then vote for them. However, we don't know what's gonna happen for the next 5 years... Perhaps they do a good job, or perhaps not.

I know that there are a lot of emotions involved during the rallies. Some people may feel angry over the mistakes made by the ruling party, or other people may feel excited over what the opposition parties said... Hmm well, my advice is "Please do not just simply involve your emotions when you are voting. Instead, use your brain and heart to think and feel...

As for me, though I don't like Tin Pei Ling and I admire Nicole Seah for her braveness, it doesn't mean that I must vote for NSP instead of PAP. That is because Nicole Seah is not going to serve Tampines GRC. Okay, I live at Tampines East where it is under Mr Mah Bow Tan. To be honest, he did a good job in serving us, such like upgrading projects. When I was in secondary school, I saw him every year during the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. I must say that Mr Mah is very friendly MP who always like to smile. However, it is a little bit too much of him raising up the public housing prices because most of the young couples cannot afford to buy houses. So I have to consider seriously before I vote. As for opposition party of Tampines GRC, I do not know what they can do for us because they only have their rally tonight. So before I make any choice, I need to listen to what they going to say.

Well, for other GRCs, I won't probe too much on it. Because it's your choice :)

No comments: